Friday, May 23, 2014

Mexican Quinoa Salad Recipe

Mexican Quinoa Salad
1 cup cooked black beans
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup corn
2 tbsp cilantro chopped
3 sweet peppers chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1 tomato, chopped
1cup organic vegetable broth (or chicken)
1 cup quinoa
2 tbsp. McCormick Taco Seasoning
1 tbsp coconut oil
(Optional garnish with a little cheddar cheese and one avocado chopped.)

Throw it all in the pan and cook on medium low for 35 minutes.  (When ready to serve you can garnish with a little cheddar cheese and one avocado chopped.)
The kids and I loved this dish.  It was super easy to make and included items I always have in the kitchen.  The quinoa makes a great meat replacement with plenty of easy digestible protein for growth and development. 

For a light lunch the next day add it to a lettuce leaf for a quick Mexican Quinoa Wrap!  Delish.

Food should taste great and be helpful to your body!

13 comments:

  1. We are big fans of Mexican food here in our house. We just discovered Quinoa recently, too! This sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just looks so tasty and delectable! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, YUM! Seriously, I love quinoa and this looks like a perfect recipe to use it as a meat substitute. The only thing I woudl change is that I make my own taco seasoning to control the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mexican food, and I love quinoa! I definitely want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this sounds good. I am real hungry for mexican food and I have to run to the store now for avocado...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could eat Mexican food every day of the week. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love black beans! Sounds like a nice healthy salad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds amazing. I love quinoa but have never used it in my mexican recipes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been looking for ways to use quinoa lately! This looks like a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this sounds awesome! We've been eating a lot of quinoa. It's so tasty and good for us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would try it. Ancient grains and mexican - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter loves quinoa! Will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love quinoa! I love avocado! May have to test this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete