Thursday, July 5, 2012

It’s Our Anniversary

Today's post is very special to my heart.  Pamela, of Still Dating My Spouse, is my guest and friend helping me celebrate a special day.  She has been a great inspiration to me giving great advice and ideas for keeping the flame ignited in marriages.  My husband and I are celebrating 15 years of marriage in Scotland right now.  He is my best friends and lifetime companion.  Thank you Pamela for your words and ideas.  


 All I really want to say my darling today is a special day we call our
own so take me in your arms and hold me and tell me you love me
and I’ll be there for you
(It’s Our Anniversary by Tony, Toni, Tone)


Oh, we get a warm feeling all over when it’s our anniversary! I know you know what I’m talking about. You smile and look forward to spending time with your spouse. Each year that we add to the time we have spent with our spouse brings about more memories and things to be grateful for. Oh, I’m smiling just thinking about my wedding anniversary.
Do you know what today is?
Do you know what today is?
It’s our anniversary {it's our, it's our special day}
anniversary
Do you know what today is?
It’s our anniversary made for you and me
(It’s Our Anniversary by Tony, Toni, Tone)
  In 2012, we have the options to think outside the box when it comes to celebrating our anniversaries. Ways to celebrate your anniversary:
  1. For the number of years you are married, give your spouse a gift every day that reflects the years you have been married.
    1. Day 1=a gift to remind your spouse of year one of marriage
    2. Day 2=a gift to remind your spouse of year two of marriage
    3. Day 3=a gift to remind your spouse of year three of marriage
    4. You get the idea now
  2. Make your spouse a video message about why you love them & look forward to many more years
  3. Write a love letter to your spouse listing why love him/her but you can only list the number of years you been married. Example: Married 15 years list 15 reasons why you love your spouse
  4. Recreate that special day in your marriage.
  5. Spend your anniversary night like it’s your wedding day night! No phones, no family, no internet, just you and your spouse enjoying each other.

The most important thing to remember on your anniversary is to make sure you spend Quality Time together.

So what do you for your anniversary? Do you follow the normal tradition of gift giving?



Pamela and her husband are the energy behind Still Dating My Spouse. They help couples reconnect, refresh, and renew their marriage. If you have any questions about dating your spouse, quality time, or anything marriage related Still Dating My Spouse is where to go.  


Twitter: DatingMySpouse

No comments:

Post a Comment