Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Beginning

I love food. I know everyone probably loves food, but it has become a great passion for me.

I started out as a mother of four small children stumbling in the dark about what to feed them and trying to make sure that it was nutritious, or at least what I thought was nutritious. I was worried about the many times I had to take my children to the Physicians Office for a cold, or an ear infection, and I started to wonder if it had anything to do with what I was feeding them. I had started to watch different programs on the Discovery channel and found, now one of my heroes, Sara Snow. She spoke about everything you can do at home to have a healthier more fulfilling life. This was just the start.

So I started taking some classes on Nutrition just to make sure I was doing my part on the food side. My husband was very supportive and loved the idea that I was learning, so I give them the best start to everyday that I could.

Learning about the different vitamins and minerals in food has given me an understanding of what food does to the body. I am happy to say that I have changed my household upside down. I have learned from books, classes, and friends that everything we eat has either a good effect or BAD effect on the body. That is why I have started this blog. This is my journal of the long and satisfying road that I have traveled with Nutrition.

I will be sharing my experiences, good and bad, recipes, and how my family has benefited from it. It is such a great feeling knowing that I am giving my children a inheritance in GREAT health. I have stories to share and one that I am very happy about is the fact that we hardly have to visit the Physician except in our yearly well checkups. There will be times and reasons to see a Doctor.....but if we can reduce those visits by using good nutrition to stay healthy, than that's a great way to live. Staying healthy has many perks to talk about.

Here you will NOT find advice, but GREAT ideas that have worked for my family. I will also let you know about great books and items that I have found to be very beneficial to our household.
I hope that you will follow me down this road of discovery that I plan to share with you. I know that every parent wants the best for their children. I hope that even those of you that are not parents, have a desire for better health and life for yourself as well. Nutrition is for every person!!!! Lets all get back to basics and see where better nutrition takes you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment