Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Delicious Bai-5 Calorie Antioxidant Infusion Review

We are a very active household. We like to bike, run, hike, swim, go camping, and pretty much any activity where we are outside.  I mention this because I like to look for beverages, along with our Water, that provides a clean way to rehydrate the body during and after activities. 
I was excited to learn that I was going to be reviewing a couple of the Bai-5 Calorie Antioxidant Infusion.  While looking into the company I noticed that that the CEO and Founder, Ben Weiss, is very passionate about what he does.  The History of how Bai-5 got started was with a sip.  While on his travels around the world, it was in Indonesia that he came across "Coffeefruit".  Then he started mixing this high antioxidant rich plant with other exotic juices to make the perfect Bai-5 Calorie Antioxidant Infusion drinks.  You can read more on the start here.


BPA Free and Never Hot Filled
At first I was very discouraged that they were only available in plastic bottles.  Then I discovered that the each bottle is BPA Free and Never Hot Filled!  So often, beverages and processing plants use heat to fill their plastic bottles, for packaging, and that heat leaches the toxic plastics into the beverage or food.  Since bai never uses Hot Fill, you have a cleaner beverage.  This was a selling point for me.  I never like to purchase foods or beverages in plastic, but I feel much better about this bottle.  Just remember to please recycle when you are done. 
Are they Fair Trade?
While browsing bai's blog I noticed how they are "Direct Trade".  This is very similar to "fair trade', but it goes a step farther.  Because they buy directly from the coffee grows, they establish fair pricing without the middle man, fees, and such taking away from the coffee growers.  This supports fair wages for the coffee growers and better for consumers as well.  Sounds like they a win for both sides.  You can read the information here.
 
Features 
  • GMO FREE
  • Antioxidant Packed, 2000+ mg
  • Only 5 calories per bottle
  • BPA Free
  • Vegan
  • Gluten Free and Soy Free
  • Low Glycemic Index
  • Organic Coffeefruit
  • 100% Natural
No Artificial Colors*No Preservatives*Never Hot Filled
I have told you about the company and the product, but how does it taste?  It tastes amazing!  There are 8 flavors to choose from and all have a delicious, delightful, easy, and refreshing taste.  With my running, I have tried many sports drinks, and I like these BEST.  So often sports drinks are loaded with sugars, preservatives, enhancements, and electrolytes that you don't need unless you are a Pro football player.  These recharge the body naturally without all the extra junk, making it better for you and your little ones.  My 9 year old daughter is a Gymnast, training 3 hours every night, and I felt much better giving her one of the Bai-5 drinks over another commercial sports drink. 

I think the Sumatra Dragonfruit is my favorite, but I enjoyed each of the unique taste of them all.  If I had to say which was my least favorite it would be the lemon.  Don't misunderstand, I still enjoyed it and will be getting it again, just to let you know the lemon has a nice "tart" taste.  The 8 flavors to choose from include Sumatra Dragonfruit, Panama Peach, Malawi Mango, Limu Lemon, Costa Rica Clementine, Ipanema Pomegranate, Brasilia Blueberry, and Congo Pear. 

Plus, they have a new flavor on the way, Molokai Coconut!  It will be released June 1st and will deliver a rich coconut flavor unlike any you have tried before.  I love Coconut, so I am super excited about this!  Coconut is great to recharge after a hard workout or run, but I have not been impressed with the taste of most.  After reviewing the 8 above, I am positive its going to be a great addition.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bai Bands, LLC Mission Statement
 "Our mission at bai is to share the powerful antioxidant goodness of coffee's superfruit with the world while impacting our communities locally, inspiring individuals personally and always moving forward toward optimum, healthy living."~~Bai Bands,LLC
 
BUY 
You can purchase bai drinks in packs of 12/ 18 oz. bottles.  Each variety is priced differently ranging from $23.35 to $31.58.  If you wanted an assortment 12 pack you can select the Green Mix or Red Mix, both priced at $28.15 for 12/ 18 oz. bottle Packs. 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! BPA free is sooo important. It's a wonder more companies aren't going BPA free, but one day, we will get there! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never heard of this. Thanx for the great information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very great to learn about especially because I Have kids with allergies. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Tons of antioxidants! I haven't heard of this product yet, thanks for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The clementine is my favorite, but I didnt know they have a new flavor coming out!

    ReplyDelete