Friday, December 7, 2012

Yoga Kids Pose of The Week is Bold Warrior

Part of a healthful lifestyle is being active.  Kids need to see us as a good example and working to keep ourselves fit.  It also helps when the activity is fun and builds character. 
 
 
My girls love Yoga.  We have a blast working on the different moves.  I have one that is a gymnastic and really can do some power moves. 
 
One thing I love most about Yoga is the peace and strength it brings to the mind and body.  Positive affirmations are important to use daily and help support mental wellness.  I want to raise strong minded, positive, well rounds kids, and love this weeks affirmation to go along with the pose.
 
 
Affirmations
In this pose say the following:
  • I am a bold warrior.
  • My body is strong.
  • My mind is strong.
  • My love keeps my family strong.
Wow, right!  Instead of hearing them whining and complaining, help your children see the positive in themselves and around them.  Studies have shown that affirmations help reduce stress and anxiety, I will be writing about this further soon. 

Instructions

  1. Jump your feet apart (Steps 1-4 are just like Brave Warrior.).
  2. Stretch your arms straight out of the shoulders, palms down and fingers stretched.
  3. Turn your toes toward the right.
  4. Bend your right knee into a right angle.
  5. Turn your torso forward.
  6. Raise your arms alongside your ears. Feel the support of the earth underneath you and stretch your hands to the sky.
In this week Pose of the week you will also see
Note to Parents and Teachers which is applying shapes and angles through the pose's.
Activity Ideas for Home and Classroom/ Math Medley
Visual Vignettes
Nutrition Tips
Be Sure to visit and sign up for your Pose of the Week email, FREE. 

 Disclaimer:  I am not paid for my reviews.  I am including a link as a referral and might receive credit for purchases.  I enjoy living a green life and like to bring my readers companies that are passionate about health, living natural, and clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment