Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dinosaur Chicken Bites Wellshire Goodness


In our house we rarely eat processed foods because of the preservatives, packing process, and striping of nutrients that you find in so many commercial foods.  This sometimes can be a downer for the kids because they love the fun shapes, especially when it’s chicken nuggets.  I was happy to surprise them this summer with a new chicken nugget that was in the shape of a dinosaur.  Most of the time I would just pass these by in the store because they would be chuck full of preservatives, dyes, and additives, but no Wellshire! 


Wellshire All Natural Meats makes better meats with no junk!  Their meats come from no stress farms where they are feed a vegetarian diet.  This is something I really care about.  I think that animals should be cared for and live a natural carefree life eating foods they would enjoy on their own. Wellshire does not add in Nitrates, Nitrites, dyes, or preservatives to their meats.  This is a huge bonus for me and my children.  Many additives that you find in deli meats can cause a lot of allergies and sensitivities.  One of Wellshires mottos is that "less is more".  I totally agree that less is more and food should be enjoyed naturally.  With fewer additives you have a more tasteful healthful food.   

While visiting the website I noticed I could shop by gluten free and Feingold Stages.  Feingold is a Doctor that really breaks it down pm why we should be omitting additives and preservatives that are harmful to kids causing mental and physical illnesses.    Once you visit the website you can easily shops according to your family’s needs.  Whether it’s a strict gluten free diet, no lactose, no nuts, no pepper, you can find products easily.   

I have recently tried the Chicken Bites, Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Slices, and Black Forest Ham Slices.  The kids really loved the taste and shapes of the Dino Chicken Bites, while I loved it was a healthier nugget.  With the deli meats we have made fast wraps on the go, added the ham to mini quiches, and rolled up deli slices.  They taste great and I love that it has no harmful toxins and chemicals you find in most commercials meats at the grocery.  Be sure to check out the links above to see the ingredients and nutrition label for more information. 

 

11 comments:

  1. What a fun way to eat healthy and still have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of these, my son would love the dinosaur nuggets. I will have to find them in a local store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to figure out where I can get these. Thanks for sharing, I also try not to give my kids too much junk....although with grandma around that can be tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as kids like chicken nuggets, it's great to know there is a healthy brand for mom's to choose. Plus the shapes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that these are gluten free! I will have to be sure to try them with Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love their deli meats. I will definitely be buying more Wellshire products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will definitely be looking for these at my store! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids love chicken nuggets, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've stayed away from processed meats too. I would love to find these at the store, especially their deli meats.

    ReplyDelete