Monday, June 10, 2013

Hacking Kickstarter Indiegogo: How to Raise Big Bucks in 30 Days ebook Review


(I was given this ebook in return for an honest review, the comments and write up are my own opinion and thoughts.)

What is Kickstarter?
Say you have an awesome idea for a product or business, and you need some funds to get it started, you can ask friends, family, and fans to help you get that vision started. I have seen a couple Kickstarter projects and the success of a project depends on your setup and support. Usually with Kickstarter you lay everything out explaining what your vision is, give people amounts to help you, and they receive some cool personal items for helping you.  This is a great way to make funds to help you make your idea come to life.  If you don't make your Kickstarter goal than you make none of the money you collected.  The donations that are received get sent back to the contributors if the project does not make the goal amounts. Now that you know a little more about what Kickstarter is, I want to share with you the ebook "Hacking Kickstarter, Indeigogo", by Patrice Williams Marks.



Hacking KickStarter, Indeigogo
Hacking Kickstarter, Indeigogo: How to Raise Big Bucks in 30 Days (Secrets to Running a Successful Crowd Funding Campaign on a Budget), is not a book on how to start a Kickstarter, you have all that support, FAQ's, and videos on the Kickstarter website.  This is a book on organizing and planning a “successful” Kickstarter.  I noticed that a lot of Kickstarter's do not make their goals, and the reason was they did not organize their campaign correctly.  What this book does is give you examples and references to help you make sure you are successful and hopefully even go over your goal.

This was a quick and easy to read guide to help you start off on a good foot.  The author first talks about building your fan base and excitement before you start the 30 day Kickstarter with examples and links for websites, newsletters, social site advice, and more.  While the author gives examples, links, and suggestions, one thing I really liked was that she gave ideas to do things for FREE and the same things with a cost.  Some people may have money to put into this, but I think every Kickstarter is looking to do as much as they can while saving as much as they can.  The author also gives you tips on whom to help you spread the word, media websites, bloggers, where to link up with others to give support, and pitches.  I found she really laid everything out in an easy to organize fashion.  With a little organization, media setups, and follow through, you can have a successful Kickstarter.

I was involved in a Kickstarter just last month and I am thrilled to say that they not only met their goal early but went over the goal amount.  You can read that kickstarter here, and see their Kickstarter Video in the upper left corner. One of the things Patrice Williams Mark says is to make a great video and humor is always a plus.  I personally loved the video they made and you got to really see the guys personality and passion for what they were doing.  They did almost everything recommended in the book and I am glad that they made their goals!

If you are looking to do a Kickstarter Campaign I highly recommend getting this ebook to help you organize, get started, and finish strong within the 30 days.   Not only does it help you succeeded but build a fan base of real fans, which is who you want supporting you on this journey.
You can purchase at Amazon, Barnes&Noble, and Smashswords.

 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting -- I've been wondering how some people seem to really make Kickstarter work for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find. I wish I would've known about this prior to my campaign!

    ReplyDelete