Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chicken Sausage Zitti Recipe

Sometimes we just need a quick healthy meal. 
 

Chicken Sausage Zitti
1 package of Organic Noodles
couple links of chicken sausage cooked and sliced
Home made tomato sauce, freezer
mozzarella cheese

This is a super-fast meal I can have made within a half hour, organic, nutritious, and delicious.  The chicken sausages are bought at either whole foods or Sprouts.  I love that they are all natural and no additives other than Spices. 

I boil the noodles until just cooked, don't let them get to soft. While noodles are boiling I heat the sausages in my toaster oven for 15 minutes and then slice and set aside. 
At this time noodles and sausages are done and ready.  The pasta sauce is pulled from the freezer the night before and thaws in the refrigerator through the day.  I then add pasta sauce, noodles, and chicken sausage together in a large oven safe dish.  Sprinkle some cheese and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted, usually 15 minutes. 


Serve with a side salad and a dark green vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, or Brussels sprouts.

For the sneaky chef, add in shredded zucchini, carrots, spinach, or pretty much any vegetable to bulk up the vitamins in the dish. 


                                    


                    

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe I never had Zitti before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making fast easy meals like this! I bet it would even freeze well to pop out when you don't feel like cooking. I'd be the one adding veggies to the sauce, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love baked ziti, we make it a lot but I have never made it with chicken sausage before :) thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete