Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hoping for Health: Working Out With a Broken Toe


It has been a couple weeks since I have updated my fitness routine and wanted to share some new links and workouts.  I have been focusing on resistance training and using what I have in the house.  It's been too hot for long runs, but I am really missing running. 

Last Sunday I had an unfortunate accident, I believe I broke my toe.  I very well could have jammed it or stub it, but it hurts more than any other toes injury I have had with inflammation, bruising, and it is a little curved now.  I have heard from other friends and family that with a broken toe it just needs to heal.  Last week was excruciating, and I could not even do any workouts other than crunches and leg lifts.  I am happy to say that while it still hurts and is healing, I am able to do a bit more with it.  Today I tried my hand with doing squats.  This was a test to my balance and staying off my outside toe.  I am happy to be still working out even though I am not able to jump, run, or anything that cause me to land hard on my toes. I have found there is still a lot I can do and throw the excuses out the window. 

 This weeks Routine Schedule
Tuesday: 20 setups, 8 crunches, 8 leg lifts, 12s planks, 55 Squats, 10 Superman Banana
Wednesday: 25 setups, 10 crunches, 10 leg lifts, 15s planks, 60 Squats, 10 Superman Banana
Thursday:  rest
Friday:  30 setups, 12 crunches, 12 leg lifts, 20s planks, 70 Squats, 12 Superman Banana
Sat:  35 setups, 15 crunches, 15 leg lifts, 25s planks, 75 Squats, 14 Superman Banana
Sun:  40 setups, 20 crunches, 20 leg lifts, 30s planks, 80 Squats, 14 Superman Banana

Tabata Boot Camp
For those that Can do some Cardio Running.  My friend over at Tabata Boot Camp with Skyla, posted a great 20 minute circuit routine that is sure to give you awesome results.
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of -
200 meter sprint
20 push ups
30 sit ups
40 squats!

Be sure to Like her page and get her workouts to do at home!  If you have questions you can also ask her on the page! 


Woman's Health Has 4 Moves to a Better Butt
These four moves are commonly used in yoga and can be easy to get into a daily routine.  Chair, Warrior III, Revolved Half Moon, and Side Leg Lift.  While the Side leg lift may take time to get, these moves work on balance, breathing, core, toning, and flexibility.  To see instruction go here.

What are you doing to MOVE this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment