- Find a quite place. I am a mom of four active and wonderful kids and things get load and chaotic. I have a ton of end of year events that I need to help with at the school and family obligations. I love doing all these things but even things we love can cause undue stress on us. To keep myself in balance I like to find a few minutes in a nice quite place and just breath deep. No thoughts, No schedule, No noise, No meals, just breathing and relaxing.
- Make time to exercise. This may seem like one more thing to schedule in, but it is a must for de-stressing. This week I have put my exercise on hold and I am feeling the effects of being sluggish, tired, and even a little tense. Exercise helps us burn pent-up tensions and increases a healthy lifestyle. This is something we need to always make sure we get in the daily activities.
- Get your Yoga On! Yoga is so much more that a workout. You get the breathing exercise, concentration, and balance that comes with a great workout. It helps detoxify the body and mind.
- Give yourself healthy challenges. It is important to learn new things in a relaxing manor. Go for a hike, a new bike ride, try something new in cooking, exercise, reading about a subject that you are interested, and more. We need to stay out of the stagnant waters of routine and rise to a challenge of improvement and variety.
- Be a great example to your family. They look up to you to be a corner stone of strength. When we lose the balance of life then they lose a footing to their day as well. I have had days where the kids or hubby have said, "OK, Mom is losing it". That is my que to relax, re-prioritize, and let few things go until tomorrow, maybe even next week. :-)
Friday, May 4, 2012
5 Things to keep in mind to de-stress
This last week has been extremely busy and challenging for me. While next week is packed to the hilt with events and responsibilities I need to keep myself relaxed. With this in mind I wanted to share a few I use when times get tough.
Up coming EVENTS Tucson AZ
What:Cinco de mayo Festival!LIVE Mariachi MUSIC Free kids crafts and more in addition to our farmers and artisans. We have local, pesticide-free and organic fruit and vegetables, hand crafted furniture, quilts, jewelry, handmade soaps and lotions, baked goods and much more. info. HERE
Where:Rincon Valley Farmers & Artisans Market12500 E. Old Spanish Trail
What:Weekend of Cinco de Mayo festivities presented by Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance and Park Place Mall with music, dancing and more.
When:1pm - 3pm: A Son Y Sol Engel Indo Mariachias by Macy's 3pm - 5pm: Street Minstrels - Frank Ross - Latin Folk by Sears
where:Park Place Mall