Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Conserving Project for May


I am very concerned with making sure we do our part to conserve and reuse.  Our planet does have a great amount of resources, but why should we waste and squander them?  We recycle items in the home, but where I struggle is in plastic bags.  I try to always grab our canvas grocery bags to reduce the need for plastic bags, but often I forget to take them into the store.  I know that seems crazy, but I am sure a couple of you can relate.  For the month of May I am dropping the plastic bag completely.  I will not accept a plastic bag for groceries, shopping, outings, or any where I go.  I will be carrying my canvas bags with me.

The reason so often I forget my bags is because I have them sitting in the back of the car.  I have bought some really cute bags in my day, but they are bulky and take up space in the car and the grocery cart,(bags to right).  Because we buy a lot of produce we like to have some sturdy bags and I like to be able to wash them.  Honestly when we need to make a quick run into the store we don't think about going to the back of the car to filter through which bag to grab.  These small concerns are why I have just a few plastic bags in my house every now and then.  Also, I never think about using my grocery bags for regular shopping as well.  I am excited to say I found the perfect solution and it is a elegant GREEN idea.

Conserving Now is a company that started with Mom who noticed that many people carry bags and forget to grab them, like me.  Her daughter and her came up with the Static cling reminder to "Grab your Bags".  Here is their story....
After watching shopper after shopper exclaim at the checkstand that they had forgotten their reusable bags - AGAIN! - it became clear to us that people needed a little help to change the habit and convenience of plastic bags. My mom and I have always believed that simple actions can have a huge impact. Never did this lesson seem more important – we were passionate about helping others create change in their own lives. Inspired by our idea of change, we have developed classroom lesson plans, provided information for getting involved, sold gorgeous reusable bags and reached out to create a community.  And what an amazing community it is: Over 200,000 members, each receiving a FREE static cling reminder.  Partnerships with incredible towns and cities, as well as small and large businesses nationwide.  Classroom Education Kits have been distributed across the US and Canada.  With so much progress, and so much more to do... we hope you will join us!
 You can see a News Coverage of Company on Las Vegas News Now

 Gale and Meghan's Bags are truly gorgeous!  I told them about my struggle and how I wanted to drop the plastic bags for good.  They sent me the Envirosax 5-1 pouch.  This is a small pouch that hold 5 very sturdy, beautiful, and convenient bags!   The pouch fits comfortably in my purse and I will never be forgetting my bags again.  Envirsax pouch contains five Eco-friendly bags because shopping is never a one-bag affair!
  • Convenient- easy to carry in your handbag
  • tested for strength and safety
  • lightweight yet strong, holds 20 kg (44lbs)
  •  fully washable- won't fade
  • water resistant
  • fashionable and fun-great gift ideas
  • solution to one -use plastic bags
  • 100% recyclable- "please recycle"
Envirosax has many styles to choose from.
Educating your children, classroom, and friends.

GRAB your FREE Static Cling Today!  Just got to this Form and fill out to have one sent to you!  Don't forget tell them I sent you! 


I am taking the challenge to drop the bag!  I actually started a week ago and happy to say I have not accepted one plastic bag.  I will be updating on my shopping, bags, and the convenience.  Be sure to stay tuned because one lucky reader will be getting their own Envirosax single bag!   I will be posting the Giveaway mid May so be sure to come back and enter.  These are the best shopping bags I have ever carried!
Giveaway is LIVE head over to enter!!!!
Who will take the Challenge with me?
"Not all garbage ends up at the dump. A river, sewer or beach can't catch everything the rain washes away, either. In fact, Earth's largest landfill isn't on land at all.  The Great Pacific Garbage Patch stretches for hundreds of miles across the North Pacific Ocean, forming a nebulous, floating junk yard on the high seas.   See Mother Nature Network for more.

 

10 comments:

  1. My purse is a black hole and these would fit right in there! I'm like you -- always forgetting my bags in the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camille, I know I am always losing things in my nice bug purse. I love that these bags fold up so neatly and can carry 5 grocery bags in a space of a small makeup carry. It is wonderful! Since I started carrying these I have not taken home one single plastic bag! It's great!

      Delete
  2. I love those patterns! I also enjoy using the reusable bags when I shop. Most of the time I remember them but it has taken a while to get there- I use to forget them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, what I struggle with is the bags were an eye sore in the back of the car, then I would take them out and then forget to grab for shopping again. These beautiful bags take up no space at all. It is the best things to my problem!

      Delete
  3. This is a neat idea; like the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they have so many wonderful prints to chose from! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. What a neat idea! Something like this I may actually be able to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, I have found the 5-1 pocket to be a huge convenience for me. I have had to Walgreen, Costco, fry's, and more. All these where unscheduled stops through the week and was glad I had these in my purse and ready. Thank you for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  5. This is great Kelley! I mastered remembering my bags a while back, but it took a full year and something similar to your envirosax 5 in 1 bag: Here is my story: http://thegreeningofwestford.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-reusable-bags-are-in-my-car-again.html
    I love one of the comments I received on this post - she said that when she forgot her bags in the car, she would have them put everything in the cart - without the bags - then she would pack them into the bags at the car.
    I may get one of the clings for my mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your post with us! As always thank you for stopping by, I always love hearing your thoughts and shares of your greening experiences too! :-)

      Delete