One of our families favorite fruits and we are enjoying to the fullest. Why you may ask? June is the last month that mango's will be in season in the US. While you can have Mango's imported from out of the country all year, we like to eat them when in season in US. One of the major reasons I love to shop at Farmers markets is that you eat seasonal food from your area. Mago's are rich in Antioxidants, Vitamin C, and A.
You have no limit to enjoying this deliciously sweet fruit but enjoy before the end of June. After you will be paying more for them and increasing pollution to transport these from afar.
- One cup of mango's is just 100 calories.
- One serving gives you provides 100% of your daily vitamin C and 35% of your vitamin A.V
- Vitamin C promotes healthy immune function and collagen formation.
- Vitamin A is important for vision and bone growth.
- Mango provides 12% of your daily dietary fiber and diets low in fat and high in fiber can reduce illness and disease, such as cancer.
- Mango contain over 20 different vitamins and minerals.
- Each serving of mango is fat free, sodium free and cholesterol free.
- "Mango scored 93 out of 100 on the recently introduced NuVal scoring system for overall nutritional quality."