Friday, May 11, 2012

Copy-Kids Review


I had the opportunity to try a great new tool for Parents!  Lets me honest, sometimes it is a struggle to get your kids to eat healthy and I think the trick is to start them early.

Copy Kids is a wonderful company that understands kids like to watch other kids having fun, child lead.  They took other children who enjoyed healthy foods and put them on the TV for kids to see.  Think about it, today we are bombarded with kids eating junk foods, sugary cereals, and unhealthy drinks.  Our little ones see them smiling enjoying the food and they think "I want that!"  So lets give them a better example and help them develop healthy eating habits.

The Copy Kids DVD features 9-10 boys and girls having a blast eating healthy food, 12 chapters that are 7 minutes long.  When I put the movie on my 4 year old, she was laughing and giggling.  It took just a few moments for her to ask for some carrots too.  Granted she has always been a healthy eater and I wanted to see how she handled her trouble foods, raw broccoli and peppers.  After enjoying the carrots and bananas we flipped to the broccoli.  She had fun eating her broccoli right along with the kids.  I was so excited to see her enjoying this vegetable raw, because she normally would only eat it steamed.  We then went to the peppers and I found that whole she did not care for them but really enjoyed them sliced.  I had a blast watching her laugh and giggle with these fun little food stars. 

Pediatrician Dr Jay Gordon, MD recommends kids as young as 6 months start and enjoy into the toddler years.  I think this a wonderful stress free tool parents.  I find parents always saying "my kid only eats chicken nuggets, hotdogs, and chips".    I think a lot has to do with that they see kids eating these mainstream foods on TV and movies all the time.  Here is a small clip of the Copy Kids Trailer.  


The DVD features
  • bell peppers
  • carrots
  • raspberries
  • broccoli
  • bananas
  • strawberries
  • tomato
  • cucumbers oranges
  • avocado
  • apples
  • blueberries
  • oranges
 Copy-Kids is a media company producing video that encourages positive habits in young children, by watching and copying other kids. Copy-Kids unique content — DVD, online and TV — helps parents get their children hooked on healthy and positive habits.
I know many parents wish that teaching their kids to eat healthy was easier.  Copy-Kids is helping you provide enriching entertainment to help you get more beneficial food in their hands.  Even my 6 years old was giggling and smiling along wanting food that was in each chapter.  This DVD is $19.95.  If you are wanting to order your own copy of this kid loving tool visit Copy Kids website
You can also visit Copy-Kids on Facebook and see the many other parents using this awesome DVD.

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! It's definitely worth trying with my kids! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so easy and fun! I can see many parents finding it an easy step to incorporating more beneficial fruits and vegetables. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. What a neat idea. I'm a lucky mom I suppose two of my three children and nearly strict vegetarians eating meat is actually the struggle we face.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I agree that is a blessing. My heart goes out to the Mom and Dads that really have to struggle to get fruits and vegetables into their kids. I know some can go days without a single fruit or vegetable. That is why this might be fun easy option! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to get kids interested in healthy foods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a fun way to spark their interest!

      Delete
  5. Such an AWESOME idea. I guess I'm lucky cause my 2-year old LOVES healthy food.

    ReplyDelete