Monday, September 17, 2012

Making goals help to drive us.

I am someone who likes to be physically fit, but stays over scheduled and busy.  One of the best ways for me to stay active is to make a goal.  

My new goal is to run a Half Marathon in December.  I will be using a running/training program that I got from Woman's Health Magazine.  There are many styles of training programs, but this one focuses on strength and increasing speeds.  I have fallen into a pace rut and want to break out of it.  One way that I stay accountable is to find a race date and sign up, that way I take my training a little more seriously! 

You can pull the full description of the schedule here.  This can be used for those just starting to run as well!

Being physically fit can really help with your health.  When you run, walk, aerobics, you allow your body to detox itself.  When you're active you can even reduce the affects of aging!  Your body feels better and you fight of illness better!  There are many benefits to being physically active, you just need to decide your "why". Why are you wanting to do this?  What are your goals?  Who is this for?  When you define your reasons you can claim them and succeed!  For me I want to finish this year with completing a Half Marathon and doing my best!  Because I have this goal, I will be eating right and active daily which will be awesome for my body.  So if you think about it, I am killing 3 birds with one stone.  When your eye is on a certain prize you can accomplish a few things without being over whelmed by checking them off a list individually. 

On Fridays I will post how my training is coming along with recipes that are healthy and provide energy!  This weeks recipe is Raw Almond Balls, Farro Salad, Mixed Bean Salad.  Oh man are these delicious and the kids love them too.

Your goal might not be a race, but I am sure you have one.  Is it to eat meatless once a week?  Is it to work out twice a week.  We are in September with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas around the corner.  NOW is the time to have a goal that will keep you healthy and away from the temptation of Holiday eating and celebrating.  You can still enjoy the holidays but don't let them run you over!  Don't wait for New Year's Resolutions, make your goals now and see how awesome you feel when 2013 rolls around!

So, what are your goals?

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awesome Jen! That is a great goal all woman would love to hit!!!! Make a date, a plan, write it down, and do it :-)

      Delete
  2. Great goal! I did a triathlon a few years back. Okay okay it was only the swimming part but it was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to do one, one day! I am not a bif swimmer, but heck that would be a fun goal :-)

      Delete
  3. That's an awesome goal. I'm gonna walk a 5k and that is about the extent for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey great goal! I started with 5k, and you never know where you will go from there! It's just important to make them and stick with them!

      Delete
  4. You certainly do inspire! With my fibro I do not think I will ever be able to run at all again but there are things I need to plan better and set some goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your fitness goals!!

    Dawn
    www.cheapisthenewclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great to have fitness goals! I would like to loose another 30 pounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck!! I try to eat right first. If I can get some excersize then I win for the day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am trying to get more organized and eat better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to start with at least 30 minutes of yoga once a week. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but with my schedule, that's all I can do for now. Hopefully, I can increase to 3 times a week.

    ReplyDelete