Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sausage, Collards, and Cabbage Stew Recipe

Sausage, Collards, and Cabbage Stew                              

1 link of Organic Sausage, sliced
1 small head of Organic Green Cabbage, chopped
1 large bunch of Organic Collard Greens, chopped

In a large pot of water I cook the cabbage and collards together until almost fully cooked.  I add in the sausage sliced and simmer for another 15  minutes.  I did not add any salt or seasoning, because the sausage added flavor and seasoning while cooking. 

The sausages I use are from my Farmers Market that is made with chicken and added seasonings.  This is a leaner meat without the additives you find in most grocery store selections.  While cooking the vegetables most of the minerals are cooked off into the water, so be sure to enjoy the broth to get your minerals in! 

Disclaimer: I am not paid for my announcements, news, or post. These are my opinions and thoughts. I enjoying bring my readers wonderful Companies, Events, Health News, and Green Living.

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! Does the leaner chicken sausage still have a similar flavor to typical sausage though? I've never tried chicken sausage before, so not sure about the flavor, but I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete