Sunday, June 17, 2012

Costume Discounter Review


Creativity in a child is a beautiful thing.  I encourage my children to dress-up, have tea parties, go off to make-believe islands, rescue a poor maiden, and to be the heroine or hero in their own story.  I believe when you throw a little fantasy into your life you balance the things you can not change.

Today my daughter is a Movie Star from Costume Discounters .  She has asked for room service be delivered to her room: Strawberries, Cantaloup, Organic Chicken Salad Sandwich, and Kambucha Tea.  She says that Selena Gomez, her favorite celebrity, is coming to visit.  They would like an early dinner before they head to their Movie Premier tonight where they play sisters.  She requested something light and healthy because she is a little nervous for the upcoming play event.

I love that my daughter is using her imagination and still relating to reality.  She gets to hang out with someone she will probably never meet and still wants to eat healthy.  I love it!  In her imagination she could have asked for Hotdogs, sugary sweets, coke, but she knows how important it is to eat healthy.  It is so much a part of her life that it rolls into her imaginary world.

She is wearing a beautiful gown to her Imaginary Movie Premier with Selena Gomez.  I would not be surprised if she wears this as Selena Gomez for Halloween this year.  I just need to get her a black wig and since Costume Discount carries a wide variety, I know where to pick one up.

This dress is $31.99 but currently on Promo for $27.19 with code Spring




Be sure to come back July 9th to enter Costume Madness Giveaway!  You will have 20 blogs giving-away a costume of winner choice up to $35. 
imagesblank1




29 comments:

  1. Love this costume!!! Super cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! She has used it so much. For each of her sleepovers she has had a Movie Premier Night! She is loving it!

      Delete
  2. That is absolutely darling! She looks like such a little lady in it. (And I adore her imagination as well. She will definitely make it far in life.) =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber, I think she will go far too. She is such a creative but serious kid. She loves all things pink!

      Delete
  3. How cute! Your daughter is ADORABLE and that costume looks great on her! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara, I was happy it fit so well. Some of the costume I have got the kids just did not fit right. This looks like it was made for her, great quality. I was very happy.

      Delete
  4. She look fabulous! I bet she absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she has worn it every other day. I am not sure it will make it to October, lol.

      Delete
  5. cute :) she looks like she is having fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! Dress up is such a big deal in our house, so it's nice to hear about a company with so many choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love costume discounters! They have awesome prices and an awesome selection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I need to check out this site for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable costume. I wish my kids pretended to be healthy. It is a daily struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks adorable! What a fancy outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! My daughters would LOVE this! They love Selena Gomez too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! My daughters are too young to know selena gomex..but they LOVE dressup and would still go crazy for this..wonder if theres one in my size? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! I would love to get my nephews a costume for their bday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Great price too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She just might be a Oscar Winner! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks very cute on her! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is sooo cute! A movie star, never would have thought of that type of costume but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That costume is adorable! She makes a great movie star. My daughter saw it and now she wants one, lol. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I love the color of the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty dress! And your little girl is adorable! I'm going to check out this site. I 'll need a costume for halloween.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, she looks red carpet ready!! Beautiful costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that pink! I also love that she has a favorite movie star. Too cute! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a costume! She looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete