Thursday, June 21, 2012

GMO Free Shopping Guide App and Download


Genetically Modified Organism, also known as GMO, have been a big topic with me.  More and more people are learning about GMO and the dangers.  The problem is that product labeling will not tell you if something is GMO, for now.  So what can you do?  Look for labels that say NON- GMO!  I am using a new FREE App on my iphone to help make things easier,  Non-Gmo Shopping Guide App.

Features include
  • 4 tips to avoiding GMOs
  • Shopping guide with everything from Dairy, Baby food, breads, herbs, grains, meats, pet products, soups, whole sale items, and more.  Each category has safe companies that are organic and/or GMO free.  After selecting the company the app gives you information on what they produce and whether it is certified GMO free. 
  • Favorite List, so you can easy find items at a glance.
  • Information about GMOs, great information with additional links.  
  • In the more section, you will find Dining out Non-GMO, Hidden GM ingredients, how can I help, what is organic, and how to visit their website.  
If you don't have an iphone you can still download the guide here.

I have just started using the app, and love it.  I have become more aware of what companies to use for certain things, which has been a struggle for me at times.  The more you know about what is in your food, the better you can make informed decisions.   Eating right today is all about balance and knowing what is in and on your food.  It is so sad that we have to take these steps when selecting food, but reality is that we do.  I hope you find the guide educational and helpful! 




10 comments:

  1. Kelley, you never cease to keep me in the know. I love that you've found this app, but I guess I still live in the dark ages, as I have a BlackBerry. I'm definitely going to see if it's compatible! If not, I can still visit the website :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my blackberry! You can still get all the information on their website, and can even download it. The app makes thing convenient for shopping and having a list right there in your hands. The website is a great source of information still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome! Makes things pretty simple. I can't find it on Android but I'm going to keep my eyes open for something similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking for something Android for everyone! I will get back to you! In the mean time, the website is a great resource!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I'm THRILLED to know an app like this exists!! First I'm a fanatic about organic products, so naturally I've grown more and more cautious about GMOs the more I learn. I saw the reviews and they mentioned that a search engine on the app would be great. Hopefully they add that soon! Thanks for the tip off, I'm going to download the app right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found it very useful! I hope you enjoy using it and share with your friends. The more we educate and help make things easier to understand, labeling will be forced to be truthful!

      Delete
  5. How helpful! Thanks for sharing! I am definitely getting this on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Thank you for making me aware of this app.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw an episode of The Doctors a while back and learned that when it comes to produce, if it has a 4-digit code beginning with #4, it's Conventionally grown - may have been exposed to synthetically manufactured pesticides but is not genetically modified. If it has a 5-digit code beginning with #9, it's Organically grown (“Organic” is usually visible on the PLU sticker) - may have been exposed to naturally derived pesticides, but is not genetically modified.

    It is one of those situations where "you don't know what you don't know." Kinda scary. [#TALU]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool that there's an app for that!

    (Greetings from TALU)

    ReplyDelete