Saturday, June 23, 2012

Lunch Boxes, Reuseit Review


As you know I highly encourage that we pack our children's lunches.  Public schools are making great changes and trying to make healthier lunches, but they are still not up to my personal standards for my family.  We like to eat organic, non hydrogenated oils, preservative free, and additive free.  For this reason we pack lunches, but last year I struggled with the amount of plastic bags we used. 

If you visit a school lunch room how many would be using plastic sandwich bags and brown paper bags?
According to the EPA, each child who brings a brown bag lunch to school every day generates about 67 pounds of waste by the end of the school year. ~ Reuseit.
Since 2003, Reuseit has been striving to make a wide range of safe options for you.
  • smart lunch bags & boxes .
  • convenient and economical lunch containers.
  • products that cut down on the items that are filling our landfills everyday.
  • saving you money and resources. 


Made in the USA!  That is a wonderful plus for me!

We are using Reusable Sandwich Bags set of (3).  This is a perfect set for my kids lunches.  I make sure they have a fruit and veggie in every lunch.  I use the snack bags for pretzels, crackers, grapes, carrots, cucumbers, nuts, seeds, and more.  The flap folds over nicely and velcro's in place to keep everything nicely inside.  The large bag held my pita sandwiches, regular sandwiches, wraps, and subs,  perfect for Lunch Boxes.
This wy daughter during her break time at gymnastics.  She works so hard and needs nutritious fast snacks during her training.  These bags were perfect because I had cantaloup in one, carrots in the smaller, and a cucumbers in another smaller.  These were all still cool an 1 1/2 later, and nothing leaked in my purse.  I was so happy with my experience I had to go back and order two more packs! 

Make things simple for you this year and use reusable lunch boxes.  You won't have to worry about adding plastic bags to the grocery list.  You can teach your family about how you are making a difference with reusable resources.  Moving to waste-free Lunch Boxes is easy, but Reuseit makes it even easier with their 5 step to a waste free lunch guide.  This is a great investment to overall savings.  I have four children all in school this year.  My goal this year is to have all our families lunches completely green by the time school starts.  This goal includes Mom and Dad too.  Check out all the ways Reuseit helps you SAVE. 






Be sure to come back July 22nd to enter the giveaway for Reuseit Lunch Boxes. 




Disclaimer: I was given this product for review, I was not paid and only like to review product I think are good for us and the environment.  These opinions are mine alone and am happy to bring you this information. 

19 comments:

  1. I got some of these a long time ago, and just love them! They cut back on my plastic use so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really neat. I love things that can be reused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to check these out! With food allergy kids, I am trying to make school lunches fun and convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't realize the impact of brown paper bags was so high! My son will probably take his lunch when he's old enough for school, so it's nice to know there are alternatives like these bags out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look really great - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for reusable sandwich bags. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea! We pack our son's lunch every day, these would totally come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get something like this. I HATE using Ziplocs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well cool! I thought they were bigger but in a child's hand it isn't bad :O) my daughter will pack her lunch in the fall. Our school jumped off the healthy wagon and onto the cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! We are looking for new ones for the summer! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted these. When school starts this fall, I'm getting some for sure. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are nice, I get concerned about using too many plastic bags as well. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really nice products to have on hand and I love the bright and happy color you chose! What I really like is the fact that these reusable bags are actually quite inexpensive considering how many plastic bags one would likely go through during the reusable bag's lifetime. Just think how many bags will NOT be in landfills, tossed in the street or left in parks to be found by furry little forest creatures. It makes you feel good :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I pack a Bento for lunch during the semester, and all I've bee using is a bandanna to keep my bento together. This would be a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color and the idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great bags...and I know my daughters would love the pink! Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's great that nothing spilled in your purse. Pretty impressive when you are carrying around cantaloupe! These look great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pink color caught my eye, I'm going to check out the 5 steps to a waste free lunch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete