- Pollution, global warming briefly: 1/5 of all greenhouse gasses stem from animal production.
- Dangers of Methane, gasses from manure.
- 1/2 the antibiotics in America are used for Animals.
- diseases being more prevalent here due to Western Diet. (meat, cheese, and carbs)
- That whole plants promote health. "You eat more plants and less other stuff, you live longer"
- We are not born craving whoppers and skittles.
- Fade diets.
- 10 billion animals are slaughtered for our over-consumption. (United States alone)
- Just in the 1900- Everyone was a Locavore (eating everything locally). Everyone cooked their meals, marjoram did not exist yet. When they did make majoram, they had it dyed pink so you knew you where eating something fake.
- No snack and junk foods, frozen (1920), or canned foods.
- No marketing, health claims, or vitamins. You grew food and you ate it, everyone ate locally.
- 1930 started to move foods cross country. Started to market canned and frozen foods to help the domesticated individual to cut down on housework.
- cattle diets were changed for bulking them up.
- Fast-foods started to increase.
- Industrial animals makeup 18% of population
- 30% of land is given to production of slaughter animals.
"I’ll never stop eating animals, I’m sure, but I do think that for the benefit of everyone, the time has come to stop raising them industrially and stop eating them thoughtlessly.” (Mark Bittman)
A Tail of Two Cows, Happy Cow vs Nexium Cow.
"Happy Cow was at a healthy weight and had more omega 3, up to 400% more, 40% fewer calories and less cholesterol, saturated fat and about 90% less fat overall than Nexium Cow. Since Happy Cow has been raised on pasture, has room to move, and doesn't have to stand in manure every day he is more likely to not need antibiotics and at least 60% less apt to have E.coli 0157 in his belly. Nexium Cow has a constant stream of antibiotics fed to him."