YogaPaws Blog for Beginner Poses and Postures they talk about starting your day with 5 basic moves.
In the article they mention how the morning can be a great time to fit in Yoga. All too quickly the days events of work, home, kids, pets, and more have us running from one event to the next. Take the time for yourself to take deep cleansing breaths and let the stress and worries of the day roll off you. This is the time to forget about all that is on the calendar and prepare yourself to be the best mentally, physically, and spiritually for your loved ones.
How can five little moves do all that? By helping you open your mind to the healing powers that comes from deep breaths, stretching tight muscles, and releasing the stress and tensions throughout your body.
Yoga can be cleansing and healing. Your muscles want to stretch, burn, and release stored toxins. We normally do not take enough cleansing breaths but rather shallow and short. Breathing deep cleansing breaths while doing yoga clears the mind and lungs of stored chemicals and toxins like carbon-dioxide.
The Five Moves for a calmer day, read article for full description on how to preform these moves.
- "Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I Pose) Benefits: This pose stretches your hip flexors and opens your chest, both of which help you feel released."
- "Marjaryasana (Cat Pose) Benefits: Often, your back might feel tight first thing in the morning. This gentle stretch releases that tension without stressing your hamstrings."
- "High Lunge, Benefits: This pose provides a deep stretch in your hip flexors and the backs of your legs."
- "Bharadvajasana I (Bharadvaja’s Twist) Benefits: This gentle twist is perfect for realigning your back after sleeping."
- "Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose) Benefits: This pose stretches the inner thighs and hips, letting you start the day with a sense of physical freedom."
If a calmer day is not quite enough to help you start Yoga, then maybe the fact that it is anti-Aging will help?
"There are seven basic attributes that characterize someone who’s vibrant and healthy, someone who seems to defy the effects of aging:
- Supple skin that radiates beauty
- Strong, shiny hair
- Well defined muscles and bone structure
- Boundless energy that lights up a room
- A light but firm and confident step
- A positive, well balanced attitude toward life
- A calm demeanor"