Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Gabby and our day at Color me Mine

Happy Birthday to my baby Gabby!

As a Mommy Daughter day we went to Color Me Mine to let her pick out something to make.
If you have never been to Color Me Mine, you want to find a location near you.  They have so many wonderful things to make with your kids.  Don't get me wrong, adults are having fun right along with the kids!

We got to the Store before they even opened because we where so excited.  The owner, Lisa, could not even get the door open before we were trying to get in.

They had such a large variety of things to pick from. 
Plates, bowls, platters, boxes, lizards, unicorns, football, dragons, the options are limitless.  That truly is the hardest part, deciding what to make.
Gabby went with a plate, so she can remember her birthday and have a beautiful hand painted plate for her meals and snacks.  I thought this was a great decision!  Food should be fun and what is better than a plate that makes you smile while you eat.
I picked out a gecko that I made for a friend that lives out of the country.  I thought I would send them a little bit of Arizona.  I painted it to look like a Tucson banded Gecko.

While you chose your item there is always someone to help you pick your paints and any design help you need. You can look at items on the computer and print a stencil to help you.
Lisa, the owner, was so helpful.  This was our first time and she gave us help whenever we needed it, so there was no stress, only fun! 


Once you paint your item, you then leave it to be heated and glazed.  Our items will be a lot brighter than they look right now.  I will be sure to post the finial piece when we pick them up on Saturday.  

All paints are non-toxic and washable before heated.  I actually got some paint on my jeans, and I was very happy that it came out in the wash.  
Once we pick up Gabby's plate, she will be able to eat on it and it is dishwasher safe!

Lisa does lots of fun activities all month long.  She even helps to bring this fun to the schools in our area for after school projects.  We missed out on this quarters, but we will be signing up for the next one!
If you like to give one of a kind gifts for Grandparents, birthdays, parties, mommy day out, Christmas, and more you will love Color me Mine!

You can find Color Me Mine at Park Place Mall
 10:00 am - 9:00 pm

Can you give gabby a Happy Birthday shout out, and say Hi to Lisa on her Facebook page?  Thanks!

The gecko was a rushed order for a friend that leaves the country soon.  We got to pick it up and here is the final piece!

Disclosure:  I am not paid for my reviews.  These are my thoughts and opinions that I share to help others know about companies and products I am Passionate about. 

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Gabby!! I hope it's a fun day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a great looking Gecko! I love the colors! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Gabby! I hope you have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Gabby! What a fun mommy-daughter day. My sister painted some mugs for me at a place like this. They are still looking good as new years later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your sweet little Gabby! What a fun way to spend the day together to celebrate. The gecko turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Gabby! I loved going a Color Me Mine years ago! Great memories!!

    ReplyDelete