Monday, October 15, 2012

Apple Crumb Recipe in the NuWave

Tonight we made awesome Salmon in the NuWave oven and I was thinking about making a dessert tonight.  

I had just looked through the NuWave cook book when I noticed the Apple Crumb.  I already had some cinnamon apples in the fridge and thought this will be a quick easy item.  

Apple Crumb Recipe
4 Apples Peeled, cubed
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp sugar
juice of 1 lemon

Crumb
3 tbsp whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1 tbsp butter

I used a small oval stoneware and filled it with chopped apples and cinnamon.  4 apples peeled and chopped, with 2 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp sugar, juice of 1 lemon. 
In a separate bowl I mixed 3 tbsp whole wheat flour with 1/2 cups of oats.  I then cut in 1 tbsp of butter, making the crumb.  I then sprinkled the crumb mixture over the apples and put in the NuWave.  I put the heat at 90 instead of Hi, and cook time for 7 minutes.  The top was a nice golden brown and deliciously warm.  I added a scoop of Arctic Zero's Vanilla Maple Ice Cream and it was a complete heavenly dessert. 
This dessert has very little sugar in it!  Cinnamon is a healthy heart herb, and the Ice Cream is a great source of protein, be sure to check out my previous review of this healthier ice cream here. 





Disclaimer:  I was sent the NuWave as a member of the Pitch List.  I was not paid for the this post, and only give my personal thoughts and opinions.  I like to bring my readers companies promoting Health and Green Living.  I wish you take this information and make your own decisions based on your families needs. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh this oven gets more and more amazing every time I see one of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! I never thought of if you could do dessert in a Nuwave. Ugh now I want one even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dessert! Looks delicious...I will pick up some apples today! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like something hubby would love - AND he gets to have his ice cream too! Win Win - now I need the oven :-)

    ReplyDelete