Friday, October 26, 2012

Fun Printables for a Howling Hallowen


While Halloween can be filled with traditional junk foods, sweets, and treats, I like to look for other creative festive fun.  We don't indulge in candy all month long so I like to make things special and fun for the kids to take their minds off all the candy they have in the pantry.

Because we don't eat much candy and sweets, I like to use fun games, trivia, and activities to get festive and spooky.  I was very excited I found Python Printable Games website of fun games, printable, and activities.  They have stuff for the whole family, kids, teens, and adults.  If you like to have Halloween party's, big or small, than this is the site for you!

I have been making the kids spooky lunches all month, and I like to have a spooky feast on Halloween night.  This is a great idea to fill them up on an early dinner with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and more before the candy dive.   This year I added some fun trivia and games from Python.

I printed out Gross Trivia.  This is 12 questions of cool and icky facts the kids will be squirming and squealing over, while still educational.
Example:  Which of these weird frog facts is true? 
a. a frog was once declared Prince of Prussia
b.  their legs grow back when cut off
c.  they throw up their stomachs when they vomit
d.  some can live more than 100 years
Answer: C!   It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up.  The frog throws up its stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of its mouth.  The frog then uses its forearms to dig out all the contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.  Interesting right!  Just don't do this one right after eating. 

Another printable we will be doing is the Halloween Scavenger Hunt.  This is a spooky indoor treasure hunt that leads your little princess or monsters to a special treat!  There are ten clues that you will cut out and place in different areas of the house.  The printable gives you ideas where to place your clues.  I have printed these on special card stock because I would like to scrapbook the clues and keep them for next year too.  I am really looking forward to watching the kids work together and run around finding their clues.  I think for the treasure I will be getting the kids a new Halloween Movie to watch after the game!



The kids love to act out and play charades, so I was very excited that Python had a Halloween Charade.   This game has 26 cards to print and use for a load of laughs and giggles as your child acts out a ghost ballroom dancing, a pirate getting on a bus, a cowboy baking a cake, and so much more.  I will be taking plenty of video shots of my little ones acting these out.

I want my kids to have a blast for Halloween and these very affordable fun games were just what I was looking for.   I am a frugal mom, so I love that these are games I can print, make them look nice, and keep for years to come.  I have made a bin of just my Halloween accessories and these printables will be going in the bin so I won't have to print again next year.  Each game is $4.95 and is email to you right away.  I added this to a folder titled Halloween so I can easily find it again next year.  Since I am doing 3 games this Halloween I noticed that on the site it says you can purchase ALL 40 Halloween Games and more for just $19.95.  Wow, for $5 bucks more you can have a stock pile of switching games out for the years to come.
Crafty Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
  Pin The Head On The Monster
  Werewolf Spot The Difference
  Halloween Costume Word Search
  Halloween Coloring Pages
  Halloween Synonyms For Kids
  Chew On This Candy Names Game
  Halloween Scavenger Hunt
  Halloween Memo Match For Kids
  Halloween Crossword For Kids
  Halloween Maze Game
  Escape From The Garden Left-Right
  Naughty Or Nice? Coloring Game
  Gross Facts Trivia
  Monster Mash-Up Charades
  Teen Terrors Mad Libs
  Chocolate Trivia
  Spooky Halloween Word Search
  Costume Party Paper Dolls
  I LEFT It RIGHT There! Left-Right
  Halloween Newlywed Game Questions
  Cubicle Chaos Mad Libs
  Spooky Slumber Party Mad Libs
  Fangs For The Memories Vampire Trivia
  Left In The Dark Left-Right
  The Grim Reaper Word Search
  Pirate Language Game
  Horror Movies Crossword
  Twisted Horror Movie Titles
  Stephen King Books and Movies Trivia
  Scary Synopsis Horror Movie Trivia
  Who's The Bad Guy? Trivia
  Halloween Picture Match Game
  Trick Or Treat Trivia
  Teen Twilight Crossword
  Who Am I? Halloween
  Name That Candy Bar Game
  Gross Cooties Trivia
  Pumpkin Picture Match Puzzle 

I am so excited to be doing these games with the family!  I know they are going to have a blast and this will help them burn off some of the candy while helping to take their minds off the candy.

Python Printable Games has packages for every season and occasion.  Birthdays, Picnics, Christmas, and so much more.  You can see the long list of deals here.  I am already checking out some ideas for Christmas. 

Each single printable is $4.95, but the packages are only $19.95!!  


While you are there be sure to signup for their FREE Fall Printable Games!!  You will find this on the Home Website page!  Enjoy!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. My children love printable, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween celebrations fun so one can make us dress up like crazy. But if Criters still have not found what costume to wear, while the party is in sight Hallooween ... her costume is most easily imitated.

    ReplyDelete