Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ground Lamb Recipe Amazing Taste and Very Simple

Lamb is used for the Seder Meal and on Easter.  I usually get a roast of lamb but this year we made a few adjustments.  My local Sprouts was out of the leg of lambs and I am not a huge fan of rack of lamb.  I was excited to see how I could use ground lamb, using the herbs and spices I usually use for roasting.  I am happy to say it came out great and something I would like to make again ever if not during Lent. 


Ground Lamb with spices Recipe                                                   
2 lbs ground Lamb
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 yellow onion, diced finely
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

In a pan I add all ingredients together and cook until meat is fully cooked and can no longer see any pink.  It is a good idea to cook all the spices with the Lamb, this way the lamb is very aromatic and taste delicious. 



Garlic and onions went in first and then added the Lamb and spices right away.











Mix all ingredients together and cook until all pink is gone.  Pink is showing in this picture but I wanted to show the spices before they where all cooked in.









This recipe is great as a fast Gyro too.  Later that night we made leftovers Gyro style, delicious!

Disclaimer:  I am not paid for my posts.  These are my opinions and mine alone.  I like to bring my readers news on Nutrition, Wellness, Green Living, Events, and Companies.

1 comment:

  1. We raise sheep and tend to eat a lot of lamb. For our passover we cook up a whole leg of lamb with spices and herbs. Oh so yummy!

    ReplyDelete