Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wellness Wednesday Healthy Snacks While Traveling


I think the main problem people face is time.   It seems people are always on the run and Convenience has become a huge selling point for people and products.  How can you tackle this problem and make healthy snack more convenient? Let's start with being prepared and making snacks a head of time.  

Almond butter and Celery sticks
Apples
oranges
carrot sticks
hummus and veggies or crackers
yogurt and granola
make your own trail mix
veggies and yogurt/peanut-butter dip
rice cakes and peanut butter
low fat cheese and fruit or crackers
fresh cut fruit
fresh cut veggies 
soup
smoothies
nuts

You can have a lot of choices and great variety while making them convenient.  I live by my menu and always schedule my snacks in.  Something to remember about raw veggies is that you can eat plenty of them, they are low in calories, high in fiber, and added nutrients.  I would recommend skipping the pre packaged stuff for when you need it.  You can get healthier options for organic, GMO free, and gluten free packaged varieties, but remember to keep those in moderation.  

Today we left for our Orlando Spring Break Vacation.  We are a larger family, six, and we prefer to eat organic as much as possible.  I know that restaurants, theme parks, hotels, and airports just don't provide the regular clean eating foods that we like.  To keep our bodies from junking up we packed our own snacks for the plane and we will be grocery shopping the first day.  We have scheduled where we will be eating out and the budget friendly clean eating meals we make in the room.  This is to show a family can eat clean and on a budget while traveling.  

What are some of your clean eating tips for traveling?  

Disclaimer:  I am not paid for my posts.  These are my opinions and mine alone.  I like to bring my readers news on Nutrition, Wellness, Green Living, Events, and Companies.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea, I try to eat at the room as much as possible when I'm on vacation, since we usually have a kitchen. But snacks are vital with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Recommendations. Eating right while traveling is sometimes hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attгactive portion of сontent. I simply stumblеd upon
    уouг blοg and in accessiоn capitаl
    to claim that I acquire aсtuallу loved acсount your blоg posts.
    Any ωаy I will be subscrіbing in your feеds or eѵеn І achіevement
    you get right of entry to constantly quickly.

    Тake a looκ at my webрage: premature ejaculation pills

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do a lot of snacking on fresh fruits and veggies around her. My kids love eating whole carrots or even cucumbers. We only buy organic so I don't have to worry about them eating the skins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kiddos are big on fruit. They are always asking for an apple or an orange more then anything! When we go on a road trip (which is often with our move) we try to take stuff like grapes or a banana and crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are big on healthy snacks, Hubs snacks on celery and carrots as part of his lunches every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure you packed lots of great snacks for your vacation! Seen on FB you are having a fantastic time! :)

    ReplyDelete