Monday, March 4, 2013

Hoppin for Health Even When Faced with Obstacles

Gluten Free for Jen

Welcome to the Hoppin For Health Blog Hop!

This is just a fun motivational hop with one common goal- Getting Healthier!

If you have any get fit tips, healthy recipes and eating tips, or on a weight loss journey of your own feel free to join us!

Check out the below blogs who are all on a journey to live a healthier lifestyle! 
 
Hoppin for Health even when faced with Obstacles:  Week Two
Last week I mentioned I was going to be finishing up my 100 miles in February, I am happy to say I finished great and had a blast.  Here is my full post here.  I finished on a Tuesday and had planned to pull out a few more miles to go beyond the goal, but I experienced something every mom goes through, Obstacles.

A few things I want to mention first, is the energy and positive emotions I experienced during this month.  I felt like my body was tired and sore at times, but each week I grew stronger.  I found those days that I scheduled my exercise and told friends, I stuck to it.  My emotions where more balanced too.  I had a happy feeling every time I went running and I had a sense of accomplishment with every number that added up.

After the race was completed, I hit a few road blocks.  Wednesday I had my normal schedule of volunteering and then the kids’ activities.  Wednesdays are very busy and always have that as an off day.  Thursday is another big day for running, but my schedule was changed when family came into town earlier than planned.  Then Friday I had a ton of work to help my husband on, that I had not scheduled, but was needed.  Saturday came and went and never got to go for another run.  So I worked out only one day this week.  Weeks like this happen, but what I wanted to show was how we get trapped in responsibilities.  If I had a goal that needed meet I would have told my family, I needed to do this, I would have found the time to go, or I would have chosen a DVD workout to at least stay active.  So what happen?  I believe I felt comfortable and my goal was obtained so I did not stay true to the run.  Every day I had a deep desire to go running, even effect emotional from lack of activity, but the fire had been blown out.  I knew I was planning another 100 in March so I felt I had time to wait and catch-up.  This is where many fall off their program or diet, comfort and lack of fire.

While I made the same mistake many moms have made before I am happy to say I am back on my schedule.
Sunday: Run 6 miles (1 hour and 10 minutes )

This week’s Schedule
Mon:  Run 4 miles (40 minutes) and Cardio Axe and tummy tuck, From Brazil Beach-body.  Review is tomorrow!  If you have done heard of this work out.
Tues:  Bum Bum AM, run 10 miles PM
Wed:  Cardio Axe and tummy tuck
Thurs: Bum Bum AM and run 10 miles PM
Fri: Sculpt, Cardio Axe, and Tummy Tuck
Sat: Bum Bum AM, Run 6 miles PM
Sun:  Run 6 miles

It may seem like a lot but I have done the Brazilian workout three rounds now.  I am looking for toning and slimming so I have scheduled these in AM and PM slots.

I am making sure I track my water, at least 9-10 glasses a day.
If you are just starting, remember to take our pictures front, side, and back.  I could not believe the changes I saw in my own pictures from the beginning of the month.  Sometimes the scale and measurements don't show what pictures can!

 

Disclaimer: I am not paid for my announcements, news, or post. These are my opinions and thoughts. I enjoying bring my readers wonderful Companies, Events, Health News, and Green Living.

17 comments:

  1. I am curious about the Brazilian work out! I need to find something I can do at home. I can not always make it to the gym and well running something I just am not ready for yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will about it tomorrow. I love it. It is my main summer workout, because the kids aren't in school so I can't run as much!

      Delete
  2. I used to run before I sprained my ankle. Even though it was a few years ago, it still hurts after I run. I should really take some pictures but I will keep them for myself for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Katrina, the pictures would be just for yourself. I know I could post my pics, but to me they are part of my personal journey. I enjoyed seeing the change for myself. :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Now I 10 into my 100. I am someone that has to have a goal, or lack off.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh thank you Pamela! You are so very sweet!

      Delete
  5. I'm just really trying to do the treadmill between 20-30 minutes every day. That's huge for me. So I figure if I get to where this is habit, then I'll be able to up it to the next level. Thanks for the constant encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, you are such an inspiration! You make me want to get out there are run! I can't run, so I'll do what I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You really rock. I need to just get out there and do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made your goal and that is so impressive. Life does get in the way from time to time. I can not workout due to an injury and it is driving me crazy. I always feel so much better physically and mentally when I can workout. Hopefully we will both be back at it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! Congrats :) How it the Brazilian workout? I've been thinking about it....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are very active! I am starting to get back into the swing of things to lose weight. I don't think I could run with my bad knee, at least until we have insurance again and I cant do something about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe I need a schedule...that might be my problem. No set plan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so in aww of you. If I ran 4 miles, they would be calling an ambulance for sure!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my
    mission.

    Feel free to visit my web site - online airplane games

    ReplyDelete